Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samual 22

David wrote a song dedicated to God for delivering him from all his enemies:

In this song he praised God for delivering him from all his enemies, for making a way when his enemies put obstacles in his path and for using whatever means available to help him out.

David said the reason God helped him was

"because he delighted in me.

21The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness: according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me.

22For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God.

23For all his judgments were before me: and as for his statutes, I did not depart from them.

24I was also upright before him, and have kept myself from mine iniquity."


This did not mean that David didn't sin. It means that he took responsibility for the sins he committed: "and have kept myself from mine iniquity."

Moreover:

47The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation.

48It is God that avengeth me, and that bringeth down the people under me,

49And that bringeth me forth from mine enemies: thou also hast lifted me up on high above them that rose up against me: thou hast delivered me from the violent man.

50Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name.


David gives all the glory to God. He takes none for himself.

It is this type of praise that makes him known as "A man after God's own heart".
===============
I have learned that God should be given the glory for all of our daily triumphs in life. The more we find to be thankful to God for, the more He rewards us just for being ourselves.

=============


123Print — Customize Your Dream Wedding Stationery




No comments: