Sunday, July 27, 2014

When you remember me...

By Shonda M. Ponder
Written on July 27, 2014

In the end, when you remember me
What will you remember the most?
Will it be that I had struggles,
As you raise your glass in toast?
Or will it be that I was happy
Contented and at Peace,
Because my Savior was there to pick me up
When I'd fallen to my knees?
I think of how I want my death
To glorify my life
I'd like to end in victory
Over the daily strife
I'd like my friends to not forget
When I had nothing, yet had everything
And though I was not perfect
I was able to stand the sting
Of a world that did not understand
But watched me as I grew
And as my Father molded me
Into something totally new
I raised my hands in praise each day
That He would want such trash
To make a treasure that is priceless
In spite of nature's clash
I pray that as I finally lie
and my life is finally done
That every memory of me
Somehow reflects the Son.

No comments: