Friday, October 03, 2008

What I think has to matter, Right?

I happen to agree with every word from Chuck Baldwin’s pen. I admire that he can say what I can't put into words. What he wrote is precisely why I resigned from America's Media Alliance as President, and was willing to watch it fall apart.

The last time I spent time on the computer (about 5 years as President of America's Media Alliance, founder of Freedom-Lovers International, which later became Friends of Liberty, International, and advertising director of Sierra Times for awhile) I made a lot of mistakes. I let the world influence my decisions and eventually left God out of my work. I had forgotten that God was the reason and the drive behind my work, and my work did not prosper because of it. Oh, yes, I made a lot of progress, and inspired a lot of people, but my personal relationships and life took a turn for the worse, and eventually led to me quitting altogether.

I've spent the last few years, since 2002, getting back my life -- away from the computer, away from television, and away from the newspapers. Still, I was able to keep up with the news from co-workers, family and friends, though I was very careful not to respond to any opinions. When you meet your mortality face to face, God is so much bigger, and better than you are. Right now, I am thankful to Him for my great job, my home, my relationship with my children, and all the things I lost that I have slowly regained, due to stupid mistakes I made as a mere human being.

After much thought, and starting from scratch (literally), I have decided to come back. My opinion has to be worth something, right? If not, then I'll make it matter. This time, I'll do it differently.
Not everyone gets a second chance, but the internet makes it so easy...doesn't it?

I bought a computer for my birthday present to myself. Computers make it so much easier (and cheaper) to do what needs to be done in just about every aspect of your life, if you know how to use it. Before I turned it on, however, I prayed that this time, God would lead me to do the right things with it, and would bless my work on it. I am human, and it is inevitable that I will make mistakes, both on and off the computer. I don't claim perfection, just forgiveness.

I don't promise not to make mistakes in the future, but I do promise to look to Him more for answers to my problems.

No comments: