Friday, October 03, 2008

About getting tattoos

On one Christian email list I am on, the question was asked, “Are tattoos permitted? I am a member of the First Biker Church here in Texarkana. A lot of the new members who attend there are already tattooed. One of the members who was not approached our pastor, Brother Gary, one day and asked him if it was okay to get a tattoo. His response was that, in the case of those who were tattooed before they became a Christian, we are all new creatures in Christ, the old tattoos don't matter anymore. But, in the case of those who are already Christians thinking of getting tattooed, the answer was "Who will it glorify? You, or the Father?" when you can answer that, then you have your answer.

I, personally, am not tattooed. I thought about getting one on my leg once. It would have been a long Indian spear, with the feathers hanging off, to honor my Native American heritage. I never had it done, and the older I get, the less I really want to have it done. There is something about mutilating my body that repels me. I mean, I have trouble being motivated to put make up on, much less permanently marking my body.

No comments: