Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Op Ed: Fake Politics

by Shonda Ponder, editor
October 29, 2014


I was talking to a friend on the phone today about not being able to vote this year and how perturbed I was about it. "I wanted to put my two-cents-worth in there. I wanted to help get rid of some democrats in the Senate."

The conversation went to talking about campaign finance and attack ads, and the role of electoral college in elections. I asked him if he ever watched wrestling. I said, "You know it's all fake right?" He said yes, and wondered what that had to do with the elections. I said, "Well, these politicians bad-mouth each other in these attack ads, talk a good show, then go behind the scenes and shake each other's hands. So, if U.S. politics is as fake as wrestling is, it kind've makes you wonder what's REALLY happening behind the scenes."

The way I see it right now is, if we don't get rid of some politicians in the Senate and House, and replace them with ones who will defend the Constitution and protect us from things like ebola, ISIS, and an out-of-control budget, then we are doomed. If in this election, the American People doesn't act with their vote, and continues to act in the same way they did in the last two elections, then it's time to give up. This election tells all.

So, remember that when you go to the polls; and cast a vote for the Constitution for me.

No comments: