Sunday, December 28, 2008

Re-dedication

Today I re-dedicated my life to God. I have strayed off the path and out of His will until I became someone that I couldn't stand. All I've wanted was to find the way back.

It's funny how sin has a way of enticing you. It makes you think you can compromise who you are supposed to be for a time and still get the desired results. Sometimes, however, it's better to just step back and say, "God's got this. I think I'll just stay out of His way."

Letting go and letting God is so much easier before you take that first step in sin. Giving up control of your life is hard, granted; but it is necessary in order to gain what God has planned for you to have. If you do not let God do the driving, you will end up lost on the road of life, not knowing how you got where you are.

The truth is, I do know how I got where I am. I know that my decisions weren't the ones that God wanted me to make. I know that I chose the route I took because I didn't trust God to give me what I wanted. And, it's true. He wasn't going to give me what I wanted; but, what He wanted me to have is so much better than what I could do for myself.

I feel refreshed now, in my spirit. I feel at peace. I know that the day will soon come, however, that I will fight the things that led me into this wilderness again. What I have to do now is decide what I'm going to do when that battle takes place again.

==============================


No comments: