Sunday, November 23, 2014

What I am Thankful for This Year:

It's not Thanksgiving Day yet, but I would like to say what I am most thankful for this year.

This year I started my job at Wadley Hospital. Here, in Texarkana, I can't think of a better place to work. I love my job, the benefits, and the people I work with every day, including the patients and the doctors and nurses. I am SO thankful, because God has placed me where I am, and it's ten times better than where I have ever been. I consider it my "retirement job" (if they will have me that long, and if my health holds out).

I am thankful that I made the decision to stay single, and that I am not with who I was with last Thanksgiving. My life, this year has been SOOOO peaceful, and I feel ten times more safe and secure with God as my husband and best friend.

I am thankful for my family, who I know I can lean on in hard times, and who shower me with blessings every time I am with them, just because they are there and they are who they are. I love and cherish each and every one of them, and the relationship I have with all of them.

I am thankful for my baby dog, Milo. He has brought me so much love, laughter, and companionship. God knew what He was doing when He sent Milo to me. I don't know how I would get along without him. He gives me a reason to come home every day, and has a very stabilizing effect on my everyday life. I love him so.

Finally, I thank God for all of you. You guys (and gals) have given me freedom from boredom, and a reason to keep going. You encourage me, inspire me, and bring out the best in me when the worst is just around the corner. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you guys to focus on for information, laughter, tears and just plain life. I never have to leave home to be with all of you (although it's nice to get out once in a while). I love each and every one of you, and look forward to praying for each of you as the occasion allows.

I hope you all have a very special Thanksgiving and have at least as many blessings as I have found I have this Thanksgiving!

Thank you!

No comments: