Saturday, March 29, 2014

Things I discovered today...while fasting Facebook.

I miss my MS Word. So, I went online to see if I could find one that I could download for free. I found several, but they want me to download all kinds of other stuff I don't need in order to get it. It's annoying, so I opted out. Then, I decided, since today is about NOT being on Facebook, I would explore my computer. Lo and behold, I found a Google Chrome shortcut on my desktop I haven't used. So, I clicked on it.

I was so excited to find the Google Documents area that had the equivalent of Word, and EXCEL! Not only that, Google provides a place where I can store my documents online so if this computer ever goes out, I can still access them! WOW! The computer age has come a long way.

I know, it sounds stupid for me to say that, since I haven't scratched the surface of all I have missed out on over the last ten years. I am just excited that I see the opportunity to grow with the internet...and am determined to take it.

Fasting today, and giving up Facebook for 24 hours has really opened my eyes. I am glad I did this. It has given me new perspective that I really needed, and shown me how obstructive Facebook has really been for me. Don't get me wrong, I still love Facebook. I am still going to be using it A LOT. But, I need to back away from it more regularly so I can see other things around me that I can use and grow with.

Success! I can feel my creativity starting to flutter again!

And, no more using email to save my work!

And I can save pictures now!!!

I spent all day experimenting with forms, making recipe cards, and even signed up for a Fingerhut account (waiting on approval), and then shopping Amazon, playing with my wish list. I answered all my emails.

For lunch I had pizza rolls and snacked on pimiento cheese sandwich, and a loaded potato. Topped the night with what was left of my ice cream and chocolate syrup.

I reviewed using HTML for web design, and read the news some, and listened to Christian talk radio, and played a little bit of Fallout. I even wrote in two of my blogs.

I mopped my kitchen floor and cleaned the cabinets and sink with bleach. And, I reprimanded Milo a lot. He didn't mind. And, he didn't mind.

I made out a list of things to do and updated my grocery list, and made fresh tea.


1-800-PetMeds Private Label

Email me your comments

No comments: